Why SEO and Does It Work?
, if you have been on the internet for any length of time you have heard of SEO or Search Engine Optimization.. Hearing about it and understanding what it is and how to use it for your website are two entirely different things.
The basic definition is the ability to influence online searches so that a machine will interpret your website content favorably so that you are included in the best possible search results. You see SEO is all about working with software like Google, Yahoo and Bing.
It is the ability to write your website content in such a way that it is appealing to the humans that are searching for it so that they are inclined to take the next intended step. The next step and what it is does not matter as long as your website content is compelling enough to push your visitors in that direction.
Before we learn anything about how to incorporate SEO into our website content we need to know is SEO worth it? Typically when you launch a new website you must keep in mind several different factors before you begin:
· The domain name
· Website Content
· The theme or look of the website
· The navigation of the website
If they find you, · What you want to get from visitors
These are the basics to any website and each of these plays a vital role in whether or not your website will do well. I have found that most people with a new website concentrate too much on how cool the website looks or they want a really fancy flash presentation. In my opinion these are items that can be focused on later and they provide very little value to your website from a standpoint of SEO or converting visitors.
Check out these basic SEO statistics and you will see that having an optimized website is the only way to commit to a long lasting Internet presence.
When potential visitors are searching 70% of them click on an organic search result as opposed to paid search results, ·.
· Organic search results are focused on more highly than paid ads. This is no small amount. 70 - 80% of users ignore the paid ads.
When viewing search results only 25% of potential visitors scroll past the 1st page of results, ·.
· The top 2 Internet activities are email and searching
· Blogging is highly beneficial to companies. The companies that have embraced blogging have 434% more pages indexed. Any website www.rankatlantaseo.com with more indexed pages will receive more leads.
· Two types of leads - Inbound (From SEO) and Outbound (From Cold Call) the inbound leads are 61% percent lower cost than an outbound lead.
· When asked about the value of a blog to their business, 81% of businesses stated that it was an important asset.
· When driving visitors to your site, Outbrain research shows that SEO is the # 1 way to drive traffic and it is 300% more effective than social media.
· Leads that are generated from SEO have a 14.6% close rate while outbound leads only boast a 1.7% close rate.
· In a study from Slingshot SEO the following results were posted for clicks on search engine positions:
o Google # 1 Position - 18% of the clicks
o Bing # 1 Position - 9.7% of the clicks
o Google # 2 Position - 10% of the clicks
o Bing # 2 Position - 5.5% of the clicks
o Google # 3 Position - 7% of the clicks
o Bing # 3 Position - 2.7% of the clicks
It is very plain to see that organic search engine positioning is critical to the success of your website. The alternatives to optimizing your website are:
· Purchasing Paid Clicks
· Paying for Backlinks
· Purchasing outside Advertising such as Direct mail and print ads just to name a few.
When you set up a well optimized site your rankings will last a much longer time than any type of paid advertising. You can continue to stay on top after your initial setup by incorporating a blog and regularly submitted blog posts and article submissions.
It is the ability to write your website content in such a way that it is appealing to the humans that are searching for it so that they are inclined to take the next intended step. These are the basics to any website and each of these plays a vital role in whether or not your website will do well. I have found that most people with a new website concentrate too much on how cool the website looks or they want a really fancy flash presentation. · Organic search results are focused on more highly than paid ads. · Blogging is highly beneficial to companies.